Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Scarecrow In My Garden

Hello Everyone!
    I've really enjoyed my weekend.  What about you?  Did you do any fun and exciting thing?  Did you learn something new?  Did you laugh at something so funny that it made your stomach hurt?
    My fun and excitement was shopping again.  Just some necessary supplies for the food pantry.  For my something new, I heard a fantastic message from the book of Ecclesiastes 3 ("Time Is Winding Up, and You Need To Get Yourself Ready").  The laughing matter happened because we have been having problems with squirrels and birds eating from  our fruit trees and vegetable garden.  All of the plums are gone and we didn't get any. Now, they have started attacking the garden, eating the tomatoes and cucumbers.  So my husband decided to do something about it....


After taking a nap, I woke up and looked out of my den door wondering who was that man in the vegetable garden. The squirrels, the birds and now a man who had painted his face.  A closer looked revealed one of those old fashioned scarecrows  standing guard.  If he does his job correctly, maybe ,we will use him earlier next year.
  You can tell creativity runs in this family!!
  As for my project, I continued to work on Christmas Cards.  I made this one hoping that we will see snow on Christmas Day in 2014:
Thanks for visiting.  Have a good day!
 
Love,
Lois

No comments: