Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Anything Goes

Hello to My Viewers, My Friends and My Followers,
It is Wednesday and more important it is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent – which is the period of self-restraint and abstention  prior to Easter. What does the day signify? It marks the first day of fasting, repentance, prayer and self-control.  It is the opportunity to change what we ought to change but have not... about becoming, doing and changing whatever it is that is blocking the fullness of life in us right now... a summons to live anew... the time to let life in again, to rebuild the worlds we've allowed to go sterile, to "fast and weep and mourn" for the goods we've foregone. Much like a good spring cleaning, the season of Lent gives us the opportunity to put our spiritual house in order. Like a closet, drawer or garage that becomes cluttered over time with junk we really don’t need, so do our daily lives become cluttered with things that keep us from God.
Here is a card for today. The sentiment says,  Lent is a journey that moves us toward the cross. The paper was taken from DCWV Brooklyn Stack.
My next project is prompt # 51 for Embrace Your Art 365. It will also be used on WordArtWednesday  blog. I had purchased a bag of feathers and  a new die that I wanted to try. As of yesterday and today the DCWV Brooklyn Stack was also new and I have been using the paper for all my latest project.  They were all  appropriate for this:
WordArtWednesday #171
Thanks for taking the time to view with me today.  Come back again.
Sending you a hug and lots of love,
Lois



1 comment:

Treva said...

Lois, I love that Brooklyn Stack and the cards that you created using it. I am on a shopping ban so I won' be running out to get it as that is one of the things that I've decided to do for lent no scrapbook shopping. I'm hoping to stick to it, thanks for your inspiration!