Friday, February 13, 2015

Love Is ...

Hello Friends, Followers and Viewers,
It is Friday and many of you are ready for the weekend.  Tomorrow, according to the calendar is Valentine's Day.  What a great time of the year it is---love, admiration, desire and appreciation all the great qualities that make this Valentine's Day special.  I started thinking this morning about a song that was out there in my younger days, "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart".  The reason behind this thought is that the breakdown of relationships – seen across the ages and across the world – can cause unbearable devastation. Couples divorce, family members become estranged, siblings fight, and longtime friendships dissolve bitterly.  In order to nurture healthy relationships in the future, how does one obtain healing for a heart that has been broken by hurts from the past? I don't have an answer to this question.  It was just a thought when I considered  all the positive advice for the celebration this weekend and no one has mention anything about those people who may feel a little depressed or miserable due to not having a loving relationship with someone else. Do you have an answer?  If so, send me a comment.  I know some people who need an answer and I can pass some advice on to them.
 Okay, how are you doing with your Black History 2015 readings? To help you out, here is another poster from www.thelegacyposter.com featuring Kenny Robinson, Bromley Armstrong, Yvonne Atwell, Lynn Jones, and Devon Clunis: Happy reading and research.
To finish my Embrace Your Art 365 prompts, here is the last one for this week, # 46 turquoise, pink, gold:
Here is my just for fun: a little box filled with goodies for Valentine's Day.
Thanks for viewing.  Take care of yourself and enjoy your weekend.

Sending you a hug,
Lois



1 comment:

Treva said...

Love your V-Day cards, especially the gold paper. I have enjoyed your sharing of Black History this month.