Monday, March 16, 2015

Can I Do Just One?

Hello To Everyone (Followers, Viewers, and Friends),
What a marvelous weekend we had.  Very good weather had us walking outside without a heavy coat. The fellowship with other Christians was amazing.   I'm still joyful from these last two days.

 I’m challenging myself this week to do just one card per day.  I already know it is going to be hard sticking to this formula. If I have the time, it is usually two or three cards posted per day. That usually happens if I make one the night before.  This is a week of more important things that I have to do.  It is tax time.  It is spring cleaning.  It is doctor appointments. It is get up and exercise outside and while I’m out there, clean the flower beds.  You get the message… I just have more things to do and not enough time for crafting.

What I do have for you today is a card that I call “wishes”.  We wish people a happy birthday. We wish some a speedy recovery but don’t really want to say…get well soon. We wish some a safe trip or travels.  The point is this, I've done the outside but have left the inside without any words as of now because when the need comes, I’ll be ready to send someone “wishes”.
I really have to pinch myself (it's not even St. Patrick's Day yet) because I can do just one and feel good about it. Woot! Woot!



Supplies: Cardstock…GP white and black; white American Craft; DCWV Brooklyn Stack; Safari Chic Stack; burlap…beige and green; 3 wooden buttons; hemp cord; Sizzix Sizzlits Flowers, Branches & Leaves Set; Spellbinders Standard Circle die Computer generated sentiment
Technique: Cut the card base at 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 using the GP white. Cut the white American Craft 4"  by 5 1/4" and glue this to the base.  Cut out 3 circles of burlap using the circle die (2"). Align and glue them to the mat.  Cut out the flower branch (one black and the other out of DCWV Brooklyn Stack) and align them together to resemble a shadow and then glue them to the burlap. Cut a piece of hemp cord enough to wrap around card and through the three button. Adhere this to the base of mat.  Place sentiment on the card.  Decorate the inside.

You have been a blessing following, viewing and just being a friend to this blog.  Please continue to do so.  Come back anytime and enjoy your view.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lois what a lovely card I like the colours an your design is wonderful.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards– my personal blog}

LilArtsyWoman said...

Debs thanks for the comment. Did you see I have a direct path to your door on my site.

Lisa Young said...

Beautiful card and design!! I love the use of the burlap and the colors!

Treva said...

Another beautiful card, like the burlap and buttons! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thanks for visiting Lisa! Thanks for your beautiful comment!

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thanks again my crafting friend for the beautiful comment and Happy St. Patrick's Day to you also!