Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Is It Your Lucky Day or Not?

Hello to all my Friends, Followers and Viewers on this Tuesday,
Have you heard it said this morning on your job, radio, TV, or on the internet, “Today is your Lucky Day”?  Of course you have.  It is, according to the calendar, St. Patrick’s Day and that is what most people say.
What is the definition for "luck"?
The American Heritage Dictionary defines “luck” as follows:
1. The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events. 2. Good fortune or prosperity; success....to gain success or something desirable by chance: 

So, when people come up to you today and say, “today is your lucky day”, will it be chance or success or by what God is doing for you?  2 Corinthians 6:2 NIV says, "For He says, 'In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.' I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, and now is the day of salvation."  God’s favor is something intangible where you've got God’s blessings on your lives. I'm not saying it’s not a struggle, but you believe for good things. There are so many people who don’t expect anything good in life. They don’t expect to get breaks, they don’t expect to get promoted, and they don’t expect anything positive. Try to get people to say, I believe if we expect God’s favor, if we declare it, if we thank him when we do see good things happening, then we’re going to see more of that.  God works all things, whether seemingly good or bad, together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28).
Smile and say, “God’s favor is all over me because of Jesus. I expect good things to happen to me today!”

The card I’m sharing is titled “Smile” for two reasons.  One, it is a good day for God’s favor to be upon you and two, Embrace Your Art 365 prompt #75 is “smile”.
This is a very easy, simple and clean card or as they say in the crafting world, Clean And Simple (CAS for short).  I’m busy this week so I’m keeping it very short.  The supplies used: black mint green and white cardstock; petals from Spellbinders’ Create a Gerber Daisy Die D Lites; computer generated sentiment; 3 circles cut with paper  punch.

Dear Friends, Followers and Viewers,  as the apple of God’s eye, expect good things to happen to you each day. Expect divine protection because His favor surrounds you like a shield. Expect every need to be met by the One who highly favors you. Expect good, because you are precious in His eyes! 
Thanks for visiting with me today.  Come back again.  I promise I will not keep you long.
Sending you a hug and LOVE
Lois

4 comments:

Treva said...

So delightful, enjoyed your post today; tfs!

Unknown said...

Evening Lois what pretty card nice and simple but affective.
Debs xx
{Debs Cards– my personal blog}

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thanks Treva! I love Christian involvement. Your scripture cards always inspire me.

LilArtsyWoman said...

Busy week Debs. I haven't had that two -three hours to devote time to making my usual 2-3 cards per day.