Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Generic or Brand

Hello Friends, Followers, Family and Viewers,
We've made it to the middle of the week.  For those of you working the nine to five, you only have two more days.  Missed you yesterday! I thought March was  bad enough with appointments and spring cleaning but it looks like April is ranked along with March.  I've had an appointment every week this month and I'm not finish. More to come before the month is over.
 Let's talk about generic or brand name.  What prompt this thought is a conversation I was having with someone in the medical profession. Our conversation pertained to generic medication versus brand name medication.
 ge•ner•ic  is  characteristic of or relating to a class or group of things; not specific
brand is a category of products that are all made by a particular company and all have a particular name a particular kind or type of something.
Generic or brand can also be seen in the grocery store, clothing line, tires, technology or just about anything made by man.  Do you prefer generic or brand?
I tried to make cards today that resembled my title: Generic (not specific) or Brand (a particular type of something).  Take a look and see if you can tell.  I'm also playing along with the sketch from  MojoMonday#394 on their blog, mojomonday.blogspot.com.
MOJO Monday# 394
Enabler's List: white and black cardstock; three pieces of patterned paper from Specialty Cloud 9 Design cardstock;Sentiment is computer generated; 

Enabler's List: white and black cardstock; grey corrugated and patterned paper ; beige and black patterned paper from stash; white flower from prima; stem was die cut; sentiment is computer generated.

   

Entry for CYCI #66
Wishing You a Blooming Marvelous Mother's Day
Enabler's List: white,black, and beige cardstock; patterned paper from DCWV the Far East stack; red burlap; red Olfray ribbon; floral rose from Recollections; Sentiment is computer generated; 

 SOC Blogger Challenge #7
Enabler's List: white,black,pink,blue,purple cardstock; Factory Card Outlet ribbon; Sentiment is computer generated.
Thanks for spending some time with me today.  Love reading your comments! Please leave me some love.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

   

5 comments:

Treva said...

More beautiful cards, especially like what you did with the MOJO Monday card and scripture sentiment!

CreativeAbuela said...

Lois, thank you for the beautiful cards. And thank you for the tip of computer generated sentiments. I don't know,My Heads in a cloud. I have been racking my head over the lack of a "Mother's Day" stamp.......... Silly me. Will be utilizing "Computer generated" sentiments. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Neat blog post...actually makes your read and think about things :-) I have to go with Brand over generic...I always say "you get what you pay for" and that usually (but not always) translates to quality of branding. Like the "Enabler's List" verbiage too. Might use that someday...thanks for playing along with CYCI!

Maggie Mata said...

You bring back beautiful memories of my son's childhood. One morning as I glanced at the clock to see the time, I noticed a red rose made out of duct tape on my nightstand. It had been placed there by my then 12 year old son sometime during the night. I still have that rose and I absolutely love your red rose card, it matches mine duct tape rose. Thank you for putting that memory in front of me today and for joining us at Can You Case It #66.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such delightful cards! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!