Friday, April 10, 2015

"Got Sibling(s)...How Many Reasons Do You Love Them?

Hello Friends, Followers and Viewers,
What a week it has been and it is only one more day before we start a new one.  So much has happened, but we are thankful that it is not as bad or serious as it could have been.  Severe weather is predicted for where I live this afternoon.  High winds and severe thunderstorms.  Be safe!
 According to www.nationaldaycalendar.com and almost every TV station that has broadcast this morning, today is NATIONAL SIBLINGS DAY. National Siblings Day is celebrated on April 10.  It is a day created to honor your brother(s) and/or your sister(s). ◦Claudia Evart, a native New Yorker and resident of Manhattan after losing both of her siblings early in life, felt inspired to create the Siblings Day Foundation (SDF), a tax-exempt organization whose goals include the establishment of a National Siblings Day, to be celebrated annually on April 10, the birthday of her late sister, Lisette.  Can you think of 100 reasons why your sibling(s) is/are the best?  50 reasons why? 25 reasons why? 10 reasons why? 5 reasons why or just one reason why your sibling(s) is/are the best?  How long has it been since you saw a sibling(s)?  Where do you rank in your family…oldest, youngest or somewhere in between? Can you share secrets with your sibling(s)? Can you joke around without hurting someone’s feelings?  Is your sibling(s) someone you can count on no matter what?
  I could go on and on about sibling(s) because I am one.  Some of those questions I asked can be answered with a yes for some of my siblings and a no for the others (since some of us keep secrets, I will not tell you which ones). Due to the topic of the day…there are some of them that I miss so I made a card hoping they will see my posting:
Supplies: grey and white cardstock with a piece of grey and pink patterned paper and a brown and pink polka dotted piece; a white doily; a computer printed song sheet; computer printed sentiment;  Spellbinders die cut using pink cardstock; paper flower; bling stickers; pink cord.
Here’s to you my siblings.  Love you from afar!
Lois

5 comments:

msafrocentric2012 said...

What a nice cars to share with a sibling. I love all my siblings and do a lot of hanging around with my sister.

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thanks MJ. Family and siblings are important.

Lisa Young said...

Very pretty card design, Lois!!

NC Peach said...

I spent my Siblings Day reflecting on the early years, and although my brother gets under my skin sometime, I am so grateful for him! Great card and great message! TFS

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thank you for sharing...we just love them no matter what.