Thursday, April 16, 2015

It's Raining Pollen

Hello Friends, Followers, and Viewers,
I went out this morning due to an appointment.   While out on my drive I kept seeing what I thought was a dust cloud that could have been coming from a farmer plowing his field.  It wasn't!  It's raining pollen!  The warm weather and longer days are causing the trees to leaf out and cars and patios to turn yellow. Oak trees are a major issue right now. They look beautiful, but look at all the pollen they create all over the place. Lots of us are sneezing this time of the year.  Some of you may even have itchy, watery eyes, itchy ears and the runny nose that goes along with a full-blown allergy attack. Your throat may feel like you've ate a "dust" sandwich. The good news is that the grass hasn't really started its cycle yet, but it won’t be long.  If you are allergic to grass pollen that will start up in May.
In honor of how my black car looked after making it back home, I have two beautiful cards to replace the ugly look of that raining pollen.
The idea is to use this one for Mother's Day or a birthday card for a lovely lady.
Paper: black, white and yellow cardstock
Accessories: sunflower sticker, Couture, Mariposa Collection die,

Sentiment: It takes a Long Time to grow old friends
Paper: gray, yellow, black and purple cardstock
Accessories: Martha Stewart punch, Darice embossing folder, free floral image

Be very careful when you go outside today especially if you suffer with allergies this time of year.
 If you are an allergy sufferer take your antihistamines before your attacks begin. Hose the pollen off of your car, driveway or patio daily.  Change and wash your clothes after extended periods outdoors. You may even want to wash your hair or wear a hat when outside. Sunglasses can also protect your eyes. Exercise indoors if the pollen is really bad. Remember this too shall pass. On June 1, hurricane season begins. If it’s not one thing, it’s another!
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

4 comments:

Lisa Young said...

Both cards are LOVELY!! I believe the first card would work for either!! I love the die cut and the flower on the center of the butterfly!! The second card is very elegant!!

LilArtsyWoman said...

Lisa, your comments are always nice!

Treva said...

More beautiful cards, love that bright yellow. Yea I totally understand about the pollen I have been suffering as I refuse to take meds but I encourage my daughter to take hers daily. She has a low tolerance level and I can't take her whining!

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thanks again for your beautiful comment!