Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Daily Routine or Ritual

Hello Friends, Followers, and Viewers,
I'm sorry that most of you are back at work today.  Some (I know of one) are still getting some "me" time today...(hey you, if you're reading this, have a good restful day).
Let me just ask you something.  Do you have a routine or ritual you follow daily no matter if you're at home or on vacation?  I'm not talking about meditating, praying, taking care of your personal hygiene or eating. I'm more interested in what you do daily that to another person is unproductive.  The President and Vice President receive and go over the Daily Briefing each morning...productive or not? I read the newspaper (on-line) each morning...productive or not? Some people have an exercise routine or ritual every day...productive or not?  There are people who cannot start their day without checking the Horoscope or Astrology page...productive or not? If you missed a reading today, here is one for you that I copied: Cafe Astrology .com   IF TODAY IS YOUR BIRTHDAY   You are very insightful and often help others to better understand themselves. Artistically gifted, you have a real creative bent in addition to general "smarts". You are exceptionally hard working and quite ambitious as well--a combination that virtually guarantees success...productive or not? We all have something we do daily.  We must agree together that what we do is productive no matter if someone else doesn't think so. So continue to do what you are doing.
A routine that I do, not necessarily daily, is to make a card or sometimes two.  Yesterday I talked about becoming proficient in stamping and coloring to go along with my card-making.  I practiced again using a big stamp from Hero Arts.  This is the first take on the stamping.
The words are blurred and some of the parts of the flowers didn't come out . The flowers were colored anyway...practice...practice...practice

This is the second time stamping the Hero Arts stamp.  The words are clear in most of the spots.  Some areas had too much ink and again some of the flower parts didn't stamp.  The coloring is okay but I need to learn how to blend....practice...practice...practice. (I guess I need to stay with very small stamps and gradually work my way up to the big ones).

Since the stamping and coloring didn't go as I thought it would...I went back to something I can do better...die cutting , folding and gluing.  For now, this card doesn't have a title.  It will get one when the time arise.  White and purple cardstock was use along with a Spellbinders Card Creator Tudor Rose die and a Spellbinders butterfly die.

Thanks for stopping by today. I love comments.  Share your thoughts with me.  Tell me if you like what you are reading or if you like the cards.  Hope to hear from you soon.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Lois I love the designs they are wonderful.
Thank you for your support on my blog.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}

Unknown said...

Such beautiful and colourful cards!

Lisa Young said...

These are LOVELY, Lois! I love the stamping, coloring, and die cutting! Beautiful!

Dapoppins said...

I love imperfect cards and pretty much have too, wine mine are always imperfect. But what we see as flawed others always tell us are wonderful! Am I right? I like you cards and I live that you do this daily. I think the only thing I do routinely is COFFEE. Coffee first. Everyday.

Dapoppins said...

I love imperfect cards and pretty much have too, wine mine are always imperfect. But what we see as flawed others always tell us are wonderful! Am I right? I like you cards and I live that you do this daily. I think the only thing I do routinely is COFFEE. Coffee first. Everyday.

Unknown said...

Hi Lois thank you for the comments on my blog.
You asked about my hatpins they are so easy to do.
I got my pins off of Ebay and I just buy kids beads that are cheep
and I just tread the beads on to the pins.
I hope you can understand what to do with them.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}