Thursday, July 23, 2015

Now I'm Playing With Ken Oliver's Color Burst

Hello Friends, Followers and Viewers,
Thursday, Thursday! The end of the work week for some and the beginning of their long weekend.   I hope you are planning something nice and enjoyable.  Want some suggestions...go to the park and have a picnic....try fishing from a pier...shopping would be nice if it is raining and you can't be outside...do what makes you happy!  When "Sunshine" visited I let her play around with Ken Oliver's Color Burst with my supervision. She called it "tye-dying" because this was what it reminder her of.   I said I would try it later for myself.  Well, last evening was my chance to see what I could do with this product.  A description on the websites read as follows:  Sprinkle and spritz! Color Burst is an amazing concentrated microfine watercolor powder that lets you create beautiful watercolor techniques like never before! This versatile powder can be used with so many fun techniques! Spritz your project with water and sprinkle on Color Burst and create amazing designs. Sprinkle Color Burst on dry paper and then spritz with water for a completely different look. Dissolve in water and spray from a mister bottle to create your own custom mists. The possibilities are endless! Each bottle contains 6g of microfine watercolor powder. For use on porous surfaces, non toxic and acid free.

I only have four of the six bottles that are advertised. The company I ordered these from was out of the green and violet.  Out came these powders, some water and a sheet of watercolor paper...Let the fun begin.  I wanted to spritz and sprinkle and to see what it would do....
What I find so amazing is...you only use an amount that equals the size of a pin head. As the direction says...spritz and spray water and watch the color burst into this amazing array of its own design.  The water colored paper is on top of a yellow card base.  After I played around with the color burst and cut out the vines (bottom picture), I made this card with the negative.  It looked too pretty to throw away....so it became a card. 

Challenge #193 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly
www.WordArtWednesday.blogspot.com

Now we get to the focal point of the day...the card that was to be the center of attraction for today.
After the fun....the feeling came into play...I was a little happy person.  With so little effort to color a 4 X 5 piece of watercolor paper just by sprinkling on some powder and spritzing on some water. I came up with the idea to use the sentiment to go along with my feelings..."happy, happy".  I was really happy with the results of playing with this product.  The card base is a piece of yellow Recollection cardstock with a piece of mint green Recollection cardstock as a mat and then matted again with a piece of GP white cardstock.  The GP  piece was die cut with Sizzix thinlits (Tim Holtz Alterations). The Spellbinders Romantic Vines were cut from the water colored paper with the Color Burst powder (above sheet). The sentient stamp is from Studio G.
I can't wait to play with Ken Oliver's Color Burst again...just maybe this afternoon after all the chores are done!

Thanks for taking the time to be with me today.  I appreciate your visit.  Please leave a message and come back again.
Sending you a hug and LOVE.
Lois

4 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

You create such beautiful cards thanks for sharing!!!

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thanks Beebeebabs for your continued support!

Ginny Maxam said...

Lois, this is really a great set of cards, clever idea to use the positive and the negative from the die cutting and they are both very different! your use of embellishments is awesome!!Thank you for sharing your art and your heart with us at word Art Wednesday Challenge #193!
Ginny M DT WAW

Cara said...

Beautiful cards Lois. love the colors and that leaf die is fabulous!
Thanks for sharing this!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}