Tuesday, July 28, 2015

What Comes First, The Card Or The Sentiment?

Hello Viewers, Friends and Followers,
Another great day to be thankful and to do something exciting.  In my yard, old  dead flowers need to be pull from the ones that are still blooming.  That is on my "to do list".  I have to get that "vitamin D" time in.  Either you take a pill for that or use what God has already provided for you.  But that's not exciting!  I could go shopping (window) and this would be exciting to me.  Not today.  Question for my crafting buddies and anyone else that wants to get involved...what do you do first when you are making a card?  Do you make the card and think of a sentiment later?  Do you think of the sentiment and make the card around it?  Many times I've just put together some pretty cardstock and pattern paper and laid it aside without a sentiment.  When the need comes, for instance, a birthday, a sympathy card, a thank you or thinking of you, then I'll try to add it to something that is made. In this situation the sentiment comes last.  There are time when I know I'll need a card for a special occasion and I'll design something around the sentiment. In this example, the card comes last.  The conclusion to this question is that it can be done either way and that is only my opinion. What do you think? Today, I'm sharing a card in which the sentiment came last today.  I have a stash of sentiments that I've saved from Facebook post, Pinterest and e-mails.  After making the card, I pulled out a sentiment that had some of the same colors to blend in with the card.
Psalms 119:105
Enabler's List: white and blue Recollection cardstock; natural cardstock; pattern paper from My Mind's Eye and some from my stash; Martha Stewart's doily; K & Comapny vellum dragonfly; Recollection flower; Spellbinders Romantic vines die cut using a peach piece of Recollection cardstock; distressed the edges of one piece of polka dot pattern paper and the blue piece of cardstock.

Thanks for viewing today.  When you craft, think about which one you do first.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

3 comments:

Lisa Young said...

Beautiful card!! Lovely layers of accents!!

Christina Hor said...

What a soft and beautiful card Lois and a great question too. I think it's depend on each person's style. I'm terrible when it come to giving the finishing layering and embellishments touch to my cards. That part stress me out. I like to play with the images and make them as the focal point on the front of my card with any sentiment inside. So first thing first, I ask myself what type of card am I making and for whom. Then I grab for the image and go from there.

Cara said...

Gorgeous card Lois! Love the colors and layout ...
I think for me it just depends on what I am doing at the time.
There are times I have a sentiment in mind for a specific person/occasion and I work around it but more often than not, I make the card - then see what sentiments I have that fit the space! LOL
Thanks for sharing this!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}