Friday, August 28, 2015

"Come Laugh With Me My Friend"

Happy, happy Friday!
Life is sweeter when shared with friends, followers and viewers.  Let me tell you of my story.

This is what happened:
I saw a post on Google + from a follower.  She had posted her card for MojoMonday ( a blog I usually visit each week especially on Monday to get the sketch).  I knew I had completed my card and was thinking... hum... Julie hasn't responded. Never checking to see if it was on this blog.  So, I went to the page and started scrolling down looking to see if my card was still posted...couldn't find it.  I started wondering what had happened to the card.  Did I make a mistake and didn't hit the submit button?  When I looked in my box of cards that I keep to give away...still couldn't find it.  Again I'm thinking...forget it...it is Thursday and I usually post at least by Wednesday (again, not checking my blog to find the card).

 This morning after making a card for today, a package of  bling embellishments
fell over behind my printer...retrieving the package...I also found that card that should have been posted earlier this week...the next thought was...write something about "Not all forgetfulness can be attributed to Alzheimer's".  My friends, I couldn't stop laughing at myself for what had happened.  In order to post on MojoMonday, your card should also be posted on your own blog....I have no idea why I thought I had completed this task for this week.  I don't have Alzheimer.  I am aging and this can be attributed to a normal part of aging.  A lapse in memory but not memory loss.
  With all that went on for just one card I guess I'll post it before the deadline (hahaha).

I'm sharing the card I made for today as well as the one that I thought had already been posted.

Supplies used: white and blue Recollection paper for card base and mat
watercolor cardstock distressed with the following inks (mustard seed, tumbled glass and picked raspberry) stamped with small stamps from Stampendous Clear Stamps; and Jolee's Boutique embellishments;
Sentiment: life is SWEETER when shared with friends

Mojo412
mojomonday.blogspot.com
Enabler's List: white, black , red and green Recollection paper cut for card base, two mats and a circle; pattern paper from Graphic 45; Jolee's Boutique sticker

It's good to have a good laugh at yourself and then share it with your friends.  Life is sweeter when shared with friends.  Have a blessed weekend everyone.  
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: