Thursday, August 27, 2015

Experimenting With A New Die

Hello Friends, Followers and Viewers,
It has been one of those mornings.    I've torn up more card bases today than usual.  Things like this happens.  I'm not sure  why my mojo is not working up to capacity today.  I want to put it on the community news concerning some church members.  Three of our church members were in the hospital.  One died last evening.  Sometimes things work on your subconscious without you even knowing it.  Anyway, I was planning on doing a card to submit for a challenge but just could not get it to the way I wanted it.  I have this new Spellbinders die called Glass Effects.  Instead of using it with Ken Oliver Color Burst, I decided to try it another way:
Enabler's List: white Recollection paper for base; black Recollection paper for die cut of Spellbinders Glass Effects; two pieces of pattern paper from Recollections Summer Garden; beige Recollection paper for die cut of Spellbinders Romantic Vines; and two Studio 112 layered flowers.
I placed pattern paper behind the die cut and used the Romantic Vine (Spellbinders) as a border between the two pieces of paper.  I placed two Studio112 layered flowers on top of the vine. 

Enabler's List: white and black Recollection paper; two pieces of pattern paper from Colorbok Signature Novelty; K&G bird embellishments; word was die cut using Sizzix Tim Holtz's Alterations Holiday Words; Script

I hope your day is going better than the one I am having.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: