Monday, August 31, 2015

How Much Happiness Do You Really Want?

Hello Friends, Followers and Viewers,
I had a fun-filled weekend with "Sunshine".  She came again to visit with her own agenda but I surprised her with some things she didn't anticipate.
She loves to go to a place not far from us that has all kinds of animals ( it is really a nursery with a lot of farm animals on the property).   I had made arrangement for her to be in a class to make a "Fairy Garden" at the nursery.  At first she was a little hesitant because she didn't know what to expect but once she  started with the task and along with the instructor  giving her some suggestions, you should have seen the smile on her face.
 Her "Fairy Garden" turned out really beautiful and I forgot to download the picture off of her phone before she left and I also had forgotten to take my iPad with me to the class.
 This little girl beamed the entire weekend.  I suggested that we were going to have a girl's camp out Saturday night...just the two of us.   Camping out was fun for her but grandmother was not so happy that she didn't sleep in her own bed.
 "Sunshine" acted as if she had won the lottery with all the attention that was given to her.  With every move and task I did she wanted to be a part of it.  We even cooked breakfast together before she left.   This little girl was happy the entire weekend.  You could see it with her facial expression and body language.
 Her agenda was completely changed and she did things that were unexpected but really, really made her happy (that's how she explained it).  Her little bag of games were never opened...grandmother and grandfather had given her more happiness than she anticipated for this weekend.

She had so much "other" fun that we couldn't complete anything in the craft area for me to post for her.

This is the card I did to reflect on what happened this weekend:
Front View
Used white and black Recollection cardstock; pattern paper from My Mind's Eye and Recollection Bright and Basic paper pad; Love Is Kindness stamp colored with Distress Markers...abandoned coral and cracked pistachio; a piece of hemp cord.

side view

side view
How much happiness do you really want and who do you expect to get it from?
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: