Monday, August 17, 2015

The Artistry Adventure of a Seven Year Old

Happy Monday Friends, Followers, Viewers and My "Sunshine".  Let's begin the week with a happy smile on our faces.  Things can't be all that bad.  One good thing is that you are still alive and doing well along with all the aches and pains your body is experiencing.  It lets you know you are still on this side with the living.
My weekend was adventurous along with one seven year old that came to visit and to spend the night.  She had her own agenda and list of things she wanted to do.  My oldest daughter and I laugh about this on Friday.  She had asked if I had prepared my body for the intense physical that I would endure during the weekend.  Yes, I was ready, willing and able on Friday at noon.  Don't ask what happened  24 hours later.  My "Sunshine" always remind me that I need to exercise so I can keep up with her. Children will and can say the darn-est things.
One, just one of the things she wanted to do was "art".  She thinks I'm an art teacher with all the scrap booking and paper crafting material I have.  She remembered the Ken Oliver's color burst powder that she played with the last time she visited and wanted to play with them again.  We did and I must say I let her do her thing just to see what she would come up with.
With watercolor paper, and the color burst (this time I mixed a little powder with water and put it in separate spay bottles), she spritzed the 9" x 12" sheet the way she wanted it.  After it dried (in the sun), I cut it down to use on cards this week.  Here is the 1st one showing the outside and inside:
 

I used a white Recollection piece of cardstock for the 4.25 x 5.50 card base with a piece of DCWV Shimmer Matstack for the mat which was cut 1/8 inch less than the base.  I used the distressed water colored paper "Sunshine" made  to die cut an oval using Spellbinders Opulent Ovals and a 3 x 3 square. I also used DCWV Vintage Collector Rhinestone Swirls over and around the oval and square.  The final embellishments were flowers from my stash with die cut floral vines.  I have no idea as of this writing exactly what sentiment will be used on this card.

 



The second project that "Sunshine" worked on was a  T-shirt that she wanted to tie-dye.  She had done one at her camp but wanted to do one at our house.  I had a small T-shirt that I had purchased in Florida on one of my visit  that I gave to  her  to demonstrate her artistry ability.  It really looks a lot better  up close and personal than portrayed in this visual.  I told her she did a fantastic job and I would share all of her projects on my blog.  The other parts of her water colored paper will be featured this week.  Keep an eye open for them.

Thanks for visiting with me as I shared what a Seven Year Old can do when you allow them to be adventurous.  Please leave her some comments.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois  

4 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card as always - love the embellies and cute tee

Treva said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful weekend adventure! The projects are awesome, your little Miss Sunshine will be the envy of her peers when she does show and tell.

Unknown said...

Evening Lois another beautiful card I love the colours and the design is wonderful as always.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}

Unknown said...

Wow! What amazing little artist she is! Both the cards and the t-shirt looks fantastic! What an awesome weekend you had!