Thursday, August 13, 2015

#throwbackthursday

Hello to my friends, followers and viewers.
You've been on a social network site this morning and posted a picture from way back in the day.  You just felt like your family, friends and coworkers wanted to see what you look like when you were smaller and better looking than you are now.  I know you did because I've seen some already today as I usually do on Thursday.  You just can't help yourself can you?

Throwback Thursday is the name of a weekly social media posting trend and hashtag game that users participate in to share and look back fondly on some of their favorite memories -- hence the "throwback" theme. In this case, the "throwback" component of a post can pertain to basically anything that happened in the past.

On Thursdays, anyone can participate in the Throwback Thursday trend by posting content (usually a photo) on social networking sites like Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook to remember a past event.
Photos can be from years ago or from just a few days ago. There aren't really any limitations, and even though it can be fun to participate, it really just gives people an excuse to post more.

Today, I'm sharing cards, #hugstoyou and #throwkindnessaroundlikeconfetti:  Cards that I have had but had not posted.  I really wanted you to see them.  They fit well with the title.  They were very easy and simple to make.  The first one was a picture that I colored using some water colored pencils that I had before purchasing the brushes.  What I did to "perk" the picture up...added some gesso to the stamens to make them look 3D.  Paper: white and pink Recollection cardstock with a corner punch on all four ends.    The second card was made by using some Recollection rhinestones behind some clear cardstock.  This was when I was learning how to do a  "shaker" card.  I didn't think it was done correctly so it was put in the stash box.  The paper used: white and mint green cardstock with a piece of pattern paper from out of my collection of paper (stash).
 

I really hope you enjoyed my throwback Thursday.
These two cards will end up in the charity box.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


4 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful as always (can't keep up with you my friend) lol - great job!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Lous what beautiful cards I like them both but I must admit that the first one is absolutely wonderful and your designs are gorgeous.

Debs xxx

Treva said...

More beautiful cards, love them both; glad you decided to share them.

Unknown said...

These cards are gorgeous! I love the shaker and that beautiful flower on the other card!