Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Giving You The Tall and Skinny On National Coffee Day

Hello friends, followers, viewers and visitors.
Welcome to Tuesday.
I received the sketch for MojoMonday on yesterday.  Since my daughter is here from Florida and we are doing some things together, I didn't think I would have time to work on a project.  After dinner, she and her dad were catching up and sharing some things and they excused me to do something before calling it a night.  I worked on the sketch which is called a "tall and skinny" card.  The top mat took more time because I wanted to used distress inks, a stamp and  some coloring.   I like the tall and skinny cards but seldom make them.  Not realizing until this morning that it was National Coffee Day (thanks Dana), I thought that this card and this day would go hand in hand.
I had already had at least one cup while reading the news and checking e-mails before seeing Dana's announcement.
I do share the love of coffee with many across America and beyond.
Here is my tall and skinny for National Coffee Day which will also be shared on MojoMonday.blogspot.com for sketch #417


Enabler's List: I used a sheet of brown Bazzill cardstock cut down to 3.5 x 5.5 for the base.  On top of this I used a piece of light blue pattern paper with brown strips as a mat.  I cut out a piece of craft card stock and matted that with another piece of the Bazzill cardstock.  Ranger distress ink ( aged mahogany, walnut stain and tea dye was used on top of the craft cardstock. Next, the cup and coffee beans were stamped and colored.  The last item:  "thanks a latte was stamped on a creme Recollection piece of cardstock.  All the stamped images and sentiment came from Fiskars Latte Love.

Enjoy a cup or two of your favorite coffee and then create your very own tall and skinny card.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: