Friday, September 11, 2015

I'd Rather Twinkle Than Shine

Hello Friday!
Good day to my friends, followers and viewers.
I know and have worked with many extrovert -- sociable, positive, and friendly. They have long, personal conversations with people they meet no matter where... on walks, at the grocery store, library, doctor's office and or shopping malls
As a result, they gain huge amounts of useful information as well as having an interesting life ( or so it seems). They can be your "go-to" person whenever you  need a baby-sitter, a plumber, or a place where you can find the best foods,  plants, fruits and flowers.

Extroverts and introverts differ in a host of ways.  I found that I fall somewhere in the middle and I'm not truly an all out extrovert or an all out introvert (take your own test).  I am the type of person who enjoys socializing with both large and smaller, more intimate groups of people.  I don't mind being around big crowds, but that doesn't mean I want to crash every party I'm invited to.  I've managed to strike a great balance between actively involving myself in my larger social network, and spending some quality time with a few intimate friends.  Although I may not always be the conversation-starter or the "life of the party", I am generally a very outgoing individual, whether among friends or people I am less familiar with. 

Some days I'm more of an introvert when I'm  alone, reading a book, crafting or writing this blog. Or being the one who prefer listening to speaking, reading to partying; who innovate and create but dislike self-promotion; who favor working on their own over brainstorming in teams. Other days I'm an  extrovert, exercise more, function well without sleep,  and get energy from being with other people.

Today, I've found my own little niche where I can work in the lamplight rather than in the spotlight.   Where I'd rather twinkle than shine.
Here's to you:
 
Twinkle
You will also see this card posted on WordArtWednesday.blogspot.com for their Challenge #200
what you're looking at is a "shaker" card made with purple Recollection cardstock for the base (4.25 x 5.5);  three sheets of pattern paper from DCWV The Citrus Matstack to use as mats.  The top mat has a circle cut out with a piece of window plastic adhered to the back of it... foam tape adhered to the plastic and that was backed with another piece of paper after including the chunky glitter .  The card on the right is the same card turned upside down (showing the shaking).

Spreading Love
Enabler's List:  (this card was previously made but was never posted)
white, red and black Recollection cardstock with strips of pattern paper from my famous stash;  I used my printer and a picture from Google to make my top mat with the image and sentiment.  The inside of the jar was cut out and replaced with window plastic and I added the chunky glitter before adhering this mat to another piece of white cardstock. Three black circles were cut out and adhered to the left side of the mat.

Take a look at some LOVE I received today.  I was glad I got it before hitting the submit button to close out my blog.  My DH was walking in just when I was on the Enabler's List above with the mail.  I want to thank this little sweet girl for spreading love in my direction today.  I don't know her personally but have met her through her mother's website http://memoriescrafter.blogspot.com/.  Please go over and check out Catherine's work.
Thank you so much Catherine!!!!



Do you know whether you are an extrovert or an introvert?  Do you like to sparkle and shine or just twinkle every now and then?  Do you like being the center of attention or just being?

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois 

No comments: