Friday, November 27, 2015

"3D Decoupage Thank You Card"

Hello Friday to my Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers,
After Thanksgiving day, after thanksgiving shopping, after black Friday door buster sales and deals, we are here at this moment!!!!
What a great moment after the eating and the shopping and just being thankful to everything.

I made a "thank you" card to share with my daughter and her husband (my son-in-law)  for the beautiful fellowship we had with them on yesterday.  Everything was just beautiful and I could not ask for anything more lovelier than what we experienced.

This card is a 3D Decoupage Thank You card.
If you have no idea what decoupage is, then take a look:
de·cou·page      /ˌdāko͞oˈpäZH/
noun =    the art or craft of decorating objects with paper cut-outs.

This simple to do craft requires that you use a minimum of two copies of the same image. On this card I use Designer paper from Ki Vintage Charm Paper Pad .  I used a piece that contained pick roses for the base and the other to cut out some of the roses for the decoupaging.

You essentially cut out parts of an image with a large background section as the base and smaller sections layered up on top with dimensional foam squares or adhesive. In this way, you create a 3D design which is traditionally used for handmade cards as well as framed pictures and art.

After achieving the above step, I cut out the individual letters to spell "Thank you" and adhered it to  the card.  I next applied glossy accent to the parts that were 3D.




Thank you for viewing with me today.  Go out and have some after Thanksgiving Day fun or try this 3D Decoupage.
Have a nice weekend.  

Sending you a hug and Love,
Lois
 

No comments: