Thursday, November 19, 2015

"Beauty Of Its Own"

Hello  to my  friend, follower, viewer or visitor.
Thank you for all the birthday well wishes.  Yesterday was a beautiful and happy occasion.   God  did allow me to make it over past midnight to see another gorgeous morning.  It is raining outside my window but I still see the beauty of God's work.

When you talk with people especially when it is raining, sleeting or snowing, do you ever hear them make the statement, " it's some ugly weather we're having"?  Also, during the autumn time of year, people reference the falling leaves as ugly and as making their yard look ugly.

A quote from Charles Dickens~
 Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of its own.

Why don't we see beauty in the rain, sleet or snow?  Why don't we see beauty in the leaves off the trees?  Even though we can't see the wind, people still make negative comments about it.  The only time I do hear a positive statement is when the sun is shining and the temperature appease the individual's skin.

Beauty is all around us whether it is nature, weather or in each other.

Here are two cards I made this morning.  The challenge I'm entering over at the Outlawz for twisted Thursday, required something with wings.  I had cut out a white bird and a red bird but couldn't make up my mind as to which card I wanted to use.  They are both posted here and you will have to go to their website to see which one I used.

Supplies used for both cards

  • cardstock: Neenah white and Bazzill red
  • embossing folder: Darice snowflake
  • punch: abstract flower border punch by EK success and Martha Stewart branch 
  • die: Bo Bunny and Tim Holtz's Holiday Greens and Caged Bird





Thanks for sharing your time with me today.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: