Monday, November 30, 2015

"Monday Mixture"

Hello Friends, Viewers, Followers and Visitors.

Whoa...it's the last Monday in the month of November and you know what that means...it's beginning to look a lot like the last month of the year.  Yes, Tuesday is the beginning of December and we say goodbye to November.  What a year!!!  Where has this year gone? It seems that it grew some wings and flew by in a flash.

After Thursday, after shopping, and after church, I'm settling in today to do a little crafting.  It is going to be a bit busy this week with some appointments that have to be taken care of. Therefore,  I'm going to try to get at least the majority of my cards ready today. It is a nice rainy day which makes the atmosphere quiet and serene...a good day to craft.
When a challenge is introduced as "anything goes", I like to first, look on my work counter to see what I can use before putting it away.  If it is many items of different textures but can be gel together, then, I begin to think mix media.  I didn't want to paint so I pulled together some items that I thought went together.

 It is Monday therefore the title became, "Monday Mixture".  I mixed together things that I didn't really have to look for but I had to look at them to see if they would go together.  I am forever cutting out items just to see how they would look but never really using them until I want to.  They are placed in an envelope until moments like this.

What I used:

  • a piece of black netting cut like a flower
  • a piece of doily that was cut with black cardstock
  • a red flower
  • a key charm
  • pieces of Spellbinders Romantic Vines cut in red and black
  • butterflies cut out in red.
  • faux pearls
  • Ranger watercolor cardstock; black and white Recollection cardstock; music DP cut in strips
  • adhesive chipboard for sentiment

at the Outlawz  and at Challenge #211 - Anything Goes at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2015/11/challenge-211-anything-goes.html

 

 

I was a winner at http: WordArtWednesday for the week of November 18-25.  The very Lucky

Entry #199 - Lois Wyche has won a  $25 Gift Certificate to spend at Stamp & Create!


Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: