Thursday, November 5, 2015

"Peace and Joy Any Day Of The Week"

Hello to my friends, followers, viewers and visitors.
My, my, my, the time seems to have wings and is flying by.  Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving Day and if you don't blink it will be Christmas before you know it.
 I need to slow down so I will not miss my birthday in about two weeks from now (November 18, for those of you that want to celebrate with me).  I'm just wishing to have "peace and joy" surrounding me not just for my birthday but for any day of the week, month and year.  What about you?
  There is so much violence all around.  It is in our neighborhoods, various states in the USA and even when you listen to the news, it is in other countries.
My DH and I love to take the back roads through the country this time of the year to observe the beauty of autumn and the gathering of crops on the farms.  God had done and is doing a marvelous job in letting us see beautiful colors in the leaves during this time of the year.  Cotton, peanuts, soybeans and tobacco being harvested along with pumpkins, sweet potatoes and gourds. The drive and the beauty of God's bountiful blessings  give us peace and joy.

Here is my card I'm sharing reflecting what we have experienced this week:
 

You can also view this card on the Outlawz's  Twisted Thursday Challenge November 5-11, Optional twist...Triple Play ( use 3 different colors)!
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com

To make this card or one similar to this:

  • Neenah white cardstock for the base
  • watercolor paper (Ranger) for the background image
  • beige Recollection cardstock for the birch trees and brown for the mat
The image was just the truck printed out on the watercolor paper on my computer.  The truck was colored red (did this for my DH.  He has one just like it).  The background surrounding the truck was colored using various distress inks (tumbled glass; evergreen bough; fossilized amber; shaded lilac; and shabby shutters) to get a feeling of a fall day in the country.
Using Sizzix Tim Holtz's birch trees die, I cut out the die on beige Recollection cardstock and used vintage photo on the edges.  I placed foam dots on the back and adhere it to the water colored paper with the image.  
The sentiment which you often see on Christmas cards actually went well with this scenery and the thought of the day.  It was stamped using a Recollection stamp set from Michael's and tumbled glass distress ink.  Spellbinders circle die was used to cut out the sentiment and a piece of hemp cord was tied to the circle.

Thanks for sharing your time and thoughts with me today.  Can you use "peace and joy" in your life today or any day of the week, month or year?

Sending you a hug and Love,
Lois

No comments: