Tuesday, November 24, 2015

"Using Acetate In Card Making"

Hello Followers, Viewers, Friends and Visitors,
Hope you are warm and cozy if you are in snow and frost?  Hope you are cool and comfortable if you are in humid and hot temperatures.

Today, I come to you with a somewhat tutorial on how I used "acetate in my card making".
Acetate is an interesting material to work with.  It has it advantage and disadvantage.  It can give you a beautiful effect or it can be tricky to work with because you have to maintain that clear base absent of adhesive and finger prints.

The brand of acetate I'm using for my project comes from Hot Off The Press Heat Resistant Acetate. This kind can be used in your embossing folders, you can stamp on it, use your die and heat emboss and I will say  it's amazing to work with.

I used Neenah Bright white cardstock for the base for both cards.
 I measured in 1/4 inch in on all four sides and cut this section out on the front of the card.
 I then cut out a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 piece of acetate and adhered it to the front of the card (make sure the adhesive only goes on the edge of the acetate).
Designer Paper (DP) from Kaiser Craft Holy Night was used around the edge of the frame to cover the exposed 1/4 inch on the card base and the edge of the acetate.

Here is Card #1
 

A Martha Steward white doily was use as a base behind 3 poinsettias that were cut with the Spellbinders poinsettia die.
Using a Craftsmart Seasons Greetings stamp, I stamped the sentiment on a piece of Neenah white cardstock using Ranger barn door distress ink and hand cut the flags and adhered them under the flowers.
Eight Recollection faux gems were used (3 for flowers and 5 around the doily) to complete this card


Here is card #2
It will be entered in http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/  Mojo Monday 425

MOJO 425


Following the same step for adhering the acetate and the DP around the card base as in the first card, I then cut another piece and off centered it on the front panel.
Two circles and a square (rounded the edge) were cut out from the Simple Stories Cozy Christmas (DP) and backed with black Recollection cardstock.
The smaller circle was cut so that the sentiment "dear Santa" could be viewed as the focal point.
The cup of cocoa is a dimensional sticker from Recollection.
The theme for this card is based on a portrayal of leaving a cookie, a beverage and a note for Santa on Christmas Eve.
Design paper from Kaiser Craft Holy Night was used in the inside of both cards.  A sentiment can be written or stamped and hidden by the image on the front.

Here is the sketch I followed for card #2.

Using acetate may look hard but I know you will be careful in keeping the glue off the focal area.  Go forth and try something for a different effect.  I gave it a try and I'm pleased with my result.

It is debatable if I will post tomorrow and most likely not at all on Thursday.  However, I'm wishing everyone of you a Happy Thanksgiving with LOVE!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: