Thursday, December 3, 2015

"Thursday's Theme: Winter"

Hello to all my crafty friends, followers, visitors and viewers.

For those who have to check in or sign in on a job every day... today may be your last day for this week if you are putting in the ten hours on Monday through today.  For the rest, one more day before the weekend and you're off to shop some more.

Planning for a party any time for the holiday festivities?   Most people will use a "theme" for their event.  How about having everyone dress in all white for a theme?  Try one of those "ugly Christmas sweater" theme.  We loved Frozen and some of us still can't get enough of those characters.  Halloween is over but you still want a Frozen theme for your holiday party.  Does anyone want the theme to be "winter"?  Maybe not for your party, but the girls over at the Outlawz want you to enter their Thursday challenge by using "winter" as the theme for today's Twisted Thursday Challenge For December 3-9, Optional twist...A Winter Theme!
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/prismaandothermediums/forum/topics/twisted-thursday-challenge-for-december-3-9-optional-twist-a

I made a screen divider card for my project today.  Directions can be found on YouTube, Pinterest and Google.  Here are the ones I used:

  • using heavy duty white cardstock...I cut a piece 6" by 12"
  • scored it at 3", 6", and 9"  this will give you four panels to decorate
  • I used a Martha Stewart border punch (daisy lace) for the top of my screen
  • I used a Spellbinders Labels 25 to cut out the bottom part of my screen
  • blue Recollection cardstock was cut 2 7/8" by 3 7/8" (4 pieces) for insert
  • the blue cardstock was layered with organza fabric that had snow flakes stamped on it
  •  Jolee's sticker animals  were used to appear as if they are in the snow
  • white foam was cut and adhered to the bottom of the panel for the illusion of snow
  • "snow much fun" was typed and printed from my computer 
  • "joy", "love", and "peace" were word die cuts using Tim Holtz word scripts and white cardstock
Card fully opened

Card opened with a little bend in the folds

1st panel of the card

middle panels

last panel

My granddaughter will be a little surprised to receive this card.  I had her in my thoughts as I prepared to make it.  She had seen the sticker sheet with the animals on it  back in September and wanted to have them.  I had promised I was going to make her something with them and now here it is.

Thanks for your time and visit today!  As always I enjoy reading your comments whether they are good, bad or controversial.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: