Friday, February 26, 2016

"Keep The Leftovers Just One More Day"

Hello Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.
I'm thankful that we have reached Friday and are getting ready for the weekend.  Fun time for at least two days before we report back to work on Monday.  Yes, you will be going back on Monday.   There is no holiday or special day that will prevent you from showing up (you know who you are..lol).
Do you like leftovers?  That lovely dinner you had last night and didn't get to eat it all, you saved some for today didn't you?  That meal you had at your favorite restaurant...you brought home the extra in a bag or box, supposedly for the next day , didn't you?
Some people don't care for leftovers especially when it comes to food.  If they eat something today, it is just for today and not the next day.  I've heard some say, " who wants to eat the same thing over and over".
Well, let me talk about my leftovers from another project.  I water colored earlier this week.  Some pieces that I was playing around with didn't get put in the trash.  I knew when I did them that I would eventually used them one day.  That day is today.  Yes, I have a busy day today but I wanted to use my leftovers to make something quick and simple.
Here are two cards using  pieces that were  leftover from my water coloring:
Projects will be submitted to WordArtWednesday.blogspot.com


Supplies:
  • both have an A2 base of white Neenah cardstock 
  • Card on the left: the 1st mat has a piece of pink cardstock from that famous stash; a blue ombre piece of cardstock from MME; a white doily; a black piece of Recollection cardstock and the focal piece which is a piece of Ranger water color paper that has been stamped with butterflies and water colored in pink and blue.  The sentiment was hand printed using a Pitt pen.
  • Card on the right the 1st mat has a dark grey piece of Recollection cardstock; a light blue piece of Recollection cardstock; another piece of dark grey as the mat for the Ranger water color paper;  a jar has been partially stamped on the water colored paper and blue water color was used to appear as if it is flowing out of the jar.  Words were typed, cut out and matted on black cardstock before being adhered to the focal area.  One bug on a flower sticker was also placed in the focal area.
  • Simple card if you already have the leftover pieces to use.  
Eat your leftovers, they are okay the next day.
Use your crafting leftovers.  Sometimes they look better the next day or the next week.  Don't throw them out.  Cut them up into smaller pieces and go with the flow...I did!!!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: