The Oscars are over and here we go again! The start of another week!
It was a beautiful day here yesterday and we got to do some beautiful things. I know you probably did also.
To those of you who only see this day, February 29, every four years...Happy Birthday To You!
Yeah, you are leaping for joy because the next time you have a birthday it will be 2020. You get older every year but your birthday day is not on the calendar but every four years.
I was born in a Leap Year but not on February 29...how special does that make me?
Some interesting facts about "Leap Year"taken from Google:
- The Summer Olympic Games are always held in a leap year. This year, they take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- US presidential elections are held every four years, in a leap year.
- In Greece couples often avoid getting married in a leap year, believing it to be bad luck
- Food for thought: If you work on a fixed annual wage, today is just one more day's work than you would usually have to do for your salary.
- February 29 also marks Rare Disease Day.
Since we are still celebrating Black History Month, here is a little known fact: In 1940, Hattie McDaniel became the first black person to win an Oscar for her role in Gone with the Wind (Google her name and read some more information).
This card, I'm sharing, was made for all of the people celebrating a birthday today:
cardstock: Neenah white cut at A2 size (4.25 x 5.50)
DP: DCWV The Chateau Lavender stack and The Old World stack
Die: Spellbinders Shape abilities Dies Foliage and Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies-Classic Scallop Hearts
Embellishments: Michael's flowers; purple netting
Sentiment is not placed on this card as of this posting. It will be used for someone's birthday not necessarily for February 29.
Thanks for taking a little time to view with me today.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,