Thursday, March 31, 2016

"Designing Around The Sentiment"

Hello Viewers, Visitors, Followers and Friends.
This is the last day of March and  of course you already knew this piece of information.  Already, the year seems to be jumping along very fast.  
Are you ready for those April showers coming to produce May flowers?  April comes in tomorrow and rain is forecast for the weekend.
April also speaks "tax time"  if you don't have a business (those are required to be finished by March 15).      The tax man "cometh" even if you are unprepared to greet him!
How do you go about creating a card?  Do you make it according to the sentiment or does the design of the card come first before the sentiment?   Sometimes,if I don't have anything in mind, I will design a card with layers and embellishments and then add a sentiment or leave it off .  If I know I'm going to do a specific card, I will try to design the card around the sentiment I'm using.
Today's card was designed around the sentiment that I used on it.  I tried to think of what I could use on the card to make it go along with what was written.  Take a look:
Hear Blessings Dropping Their Blossoms Around You
The very first thing that came to my mind was rain.   You can hear the drops as they fall from the sky.  If it is raining...then, the umbrella.  If blossoms are falling...then, flowers.  So, I found the paper that had dots (simulating the rain).  Blessings are beautiful coming from our Heavenly Father so I thought of sparkle...I had some brush foil that I embossed to bring in this aspect.  If blossoms would be around me...then, I found a piece of cardstock with the flower vine and sequins that looked like the flower blossoms to put on this card.  The Designer paper with the polka dots had to be matched with a color to make it pop.  I tried the grey against it at first but the white then the grey really did the job. 
Enabler's List:
cardstock: grey Recollection and Neenah white with a piece of Recollection polka dot for the focal area and brush gold foil for the corners.
die: in'spire by Spellbinders Umbrella Trio
embossing folder from Tattered Lace
embellishments: Handmade Modern sequins

I hope you enjoyed you time with me today.  Please come again!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: