Tuesday, April 26, 2016

"Embracing O.R.A.N.G.E"

Hello Visitors, Viewers, Followers and Friends.
It's good to be here, don't you agree?  I'm not necessarily talking about "here" on this blog, but here  in the presence of other people to make a difference in their lives today.
 You could embrace a child today...better still, give them a pet or take the child and the pet to the park or a walk around the neighborhood.
 If you think your time will run a little longer than necessary, pack some pretzels in a zip lock bag and take along for a snack.  While you are walking with the child and pet, see how many birds you can count before making it back home.  Just embrace this day and do something meaningful in the life of someone else.
Speaking/writing about "embracing"....I'm embracing orange today.  Not the fruit, although I had one along with breakfast this morning, but the color.  This is another one of those colors that I don't use often.  So today, I made a conscious effort to have this color as my main focus.  Truly, I didn't want to use orange paper so I decided to have the color protrude as flowers.
Who doesn't like orange flowers?  On one card I used paper flowers from Recollection and on the other card I stamped and water colored some paper to look like flowers.
Here, take a look:
 

The focal mat is a piece of Ranger watercolor paper.  It has been colored with blue (water color) and then the corner was die cut  using Sizzix mixed media die.  Behind this cut-out is a piece of blue and white polka dot paper from Colorbok specialty paper.  Using the Spellbinders Romantic Vine die, I cut out  the vine using another water colored piece and assemble it around the Recollection paper flowers.

 

The focal mat for this card is a light blue piece of Recollection cardstock that has been embossed with Sizzix Tim Holtz's Alterations brick wall folder.  The raised areas were darken by lightly dragging a black ink pad over its top.  Another piece of Ranger water colored paper was colored using blue, yellow and orange.  This was adhered to the "brick wall" piece after being matted with black Recollection cardstock.  In the areas where I had water colored the orange, I placed orange flowers (stamped and water colored from Penny Black's petal party). The flower on the top left has been double to look 3D.  The sentiment came from me & my Big ideas The Happy Planner sticker pad.

Embrace your orange which can be your new black, green, blue, purple, etc.  Do it and enjoy it!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: