Thursday, April 14, 2016

" I'm Saying Mix-Media...Someone Else Said "CHUNKY"

Hello Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.
Only one more day before the weekend.  Hope you have great plans to do some fun, exciting things or just catch up on some things you have been neglecting.

I'm  limiting my time outside due to the high volume of pollen for the next few days.  I've said this before, I love Spring, but Spring doesn't love me (allergies).  I will not be able to stand and enjoy the warm sunshine for a long period of time.  If I do venture out, I will have to run in and run out, probably wear a mask and keep the car vents closed.  Our granddaughter will be visiting and she loves to go to a nearby farm to see the animals.  She has become so special with the owners that they give her a personal tour and she looks forward to the attention she receives.

For our main event today...is it mix-media or a chunky card?
I like the appearance of a card that has  a lot of different elements and texture on it (cardboard, ribbon, flowers, paste, paint, etc.)  Some people will call this kind of card...mix media.  You have those on the other side who may say..."one of those CHUNKY" cards with "all that stuff" on it.
 Have yourself a good laugh or chuckle...that is what I did.

For Your View:
full front view

slightly side view
What Was Used
  • cardstock: Neenah white;  light blue and black Recollection
  • Specialty paper: cardboard with certain pieces removed and floral print from Me & My Big Ideas cardstock
  • gesso; broken china Ranger distress  ink 
  • lace white ribbon and Offray ombre "ruler" ribbon
  • Celebrate  It  blue flower
  • doily by Martha Stewart
  • dragon fly vellum sticker from K&Company
  • Romantic vines Spellbinders die cuts
Hope you enjoyed your view.   Did you think it looked like mix-media or CHUNKY?  Whatever your choice, I'm wishing you a Best Day...reach for whatever goals are in your grasp.  Don't let anyone or anything spoil your opportunity.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: