Thursday, April 7, 2016

"Still A Novice At Stamping...But Moving Forward"

Good Day to my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
I enjoyed working on stamping and had fun just laughing at myself with what I was doing.  Making mistakes, throwing the paper away and starting over.
I don't pretend to be an expert when it comes to stamping.  I've trashed many projects trying to get it to a view-able look.  I do have some, but not all, of those gadgets that helps with keeping the stamp straight, so forth and so on.  I've even tried to use the little bag to clean my surface before stamping.  Does any of this work for me?  Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.
 I have two projects (I had only intended to do one) using one Hampton Arts dogwood branch stamp. These two were the best of all the ones I did and they still have mistakes.  I will not point out to you where the mistakes are if you can't see them for yourself.  I know the experts will look hard to find them and it is okay.  Look back at the post title... I did say a novice at stamping.  I had fun and will continue to play around with stamping, just as I've played around with using distress inks, water coloring and etc.


 

Love, You Are A Gift
Enabler's List:
Neenah white cardstock; Recollection grey and black cardstock
stamp: Hampton Arts Dogwood branch
ink: Ranger Inkssentials Emboss it clear embossing pad; Ranger silver embossing powder; green embossing powder scenic (Joann)
foam dots




Be Happy
Enabler's List:
Neenah white cardstock, Recollection black cardstock and Designer paper from stash
stamp: Hampton Arts Dogwood branch
ink: Ranger Inkssentials clear Embossing ink; white embossing power scenic (Joann)
die: Fiskars corner die
gems: Recollection 

Did you look hard to find the mistakes.  Sometimes you have to practice until you get it just right.  I know I still need to work on this skill... that's why I can laugh at myself and keep moving forward.  Some people will throw up their hands and say, "this is not for me".  I'm going to keep practicing.  What do you think?

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: