Thursday, May 19, 2016

"Cricut Explore + Suburbia Cartridge = Father's Day Card"

Hello Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.
If you have been following me all week, you know I've either used something old or tried something new in my card creations.  Today is no different.  I have dies, paper, embossing folders, etc. that have been sitting unused that needs my attention.  I've tried to use something this week that I haven't used in a while.  I explored my Cricut Explore  yesterday afternoon ( this has been sitting for more than two months).  I wanted to make a Father's Day card and I remembered I had a cartridge with images on it.  The cartridge is called "Suburbia"( shop around for a discount price...this cartridge has been around for a while).  The Design Space on the Cricut website was also used (I have my cartridges connected to my Explore on this site).
Here are two cards I'm sharing for your view today:
This card has the following items:
craft cardstock for the A2 base; brown Recollection cardstock for matting (1/8 inch less than base) and a piece of floral paper for the focal area.  On top of the blue floral paper is a doily cut in white and brown.  An umbrella cut from Spellbinder's in'spire die has been water colored on top of gesso. The pennant was cut using a piece of handwritten DCWV paper and a sticker  with the words "Rejoice in the  LORD always has been placed on top of it.  Three faux gems  and a  piece of gold Offray ribbon has been used for embellishments.

 

This "Father's Day" card was made with the following:
Recollection light blue cardstock for the base A2 size; brown Recollection cardstock for matting;
Bohemian Bamboo paper from Prima Marketing and a piece of vintage paper from Colorbok paper plus.  I used the Cricut Explore and the Suburbia Cartridge to cut out the silhouette of a man.  The vintage paper was used in my printer to print out the message.  Light blue Offray ribbon was use along with three faux gems for embellishment.
This card will be entered in SOC 1st and 3rd challenge and the Outlawz Sketch Challenge.

Come back tomorrow to see what use.  I still have a number of items that needs my attention.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: