Tuesday, May 10, 2016

"ON THE EDGE"

Well hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Welcome to Tuesday!   I was exhausted yesterday from my weekend excursion but manage to get a couple of cards done without posting them.  After finishing the cards I went to a local nursery to buy my flowers to plant in my flower pots.  Yes, I printed that correctly...pots.  We have some perennials that I planted last year and they are growing so well in the pots... I'm going to try it again with some different flowers to see if they will come back again.
While at the nursery, a guy told me to buy a tomato plant...put it in the center of the pot and then plant marigolds (flowers) around the outside..."on the edge"...to keep the bugs and mosquito away...therefore he gave me a good title for my post this morning (since I didn't have time to write you something yesterday).
Also, while crafting this morning, there is a blog that asked for cards made with -die cut or decorate the edge of your card (how convenient).
So here is what I had for yesterday and today (picture heavy):




 

This card has the die cut on the edge from Maianne design creatables.  It has three ribbon flowers and vellum swirls. I've used Neenah white cardstock for the base.  A scrap piece was used to decorate the inside.


This card has the die cut using a punch to achieve the look (Little B Moroccan Window).

This card has has the decoupage flowers.   Image came from Hunkydory The Orient little book.  Three sequins were added.

This card has a Martha Stewart butterfly that blends in with the background paper from DCWV The Far East Stack.

Plant something on the edge...sit  on the edge of your seat...don't walk to close to the edge...
Thanks for your view and time today.  Go forth and do something wonderful today....

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: