Monday, May 16, 2016

"Trying Distress Ink Lifting For The 1st Time"

Hello Visitors, Friends, Viewers and Followers.
Happy "cold" Monday to all the people in my neighborhood.  My coat came out so I could wear it again.  Yesterday I had to change what I had intended to wear to church due to the drop in temperature.  My early appointment this morning required even a heavier garment than yesterday.  Well, so much for my coldness, what about yours ...you with the 85 degrees, sweating with a pair of shorts on and your feet out...yes YOU my dear
 ( smile when you read this line)?
I had some down time and I watched some crafting on Youtube.  Out of the ones I checked out, I made a card from the instructions provided by Jennifer   McGuire...http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2016/02/lifting.html.
She stated..."Distress Ink “lifting” can be done with just Distress Ink and water". To myself I said, Oh what fun! I have distress inks and plenty of water.  What can go wrong?  So, I used her instruction in  the video  for today's card:
I, per her  recommendation, heat embossed an outline image on regular white cardstock.  I used an image from Penny Black's blooming garden clean stamp set (hydrangea) on Neenah  white cardstock.  I  then *generously* covered the entire piece with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink. 
Next, I used a brush to “drop” water inside the lines of the image as she instructed.  I also used water and a brush to add in bit of Shaded Lilac Distress Ink. I added pieces of paper ribbon to the corners of the distressed piece.  As Jennifer stated... this Distress Ink lifting technique is an easy one!  I'm impress with how it came out.  

This second card is simple for Spring has Sprung-GCC051616 challenge at the Outlawzchallenges.ning.com for today.
Neenah white cardstock was used for the 4.25 x 5.5 card base followed by a piece of Recollection black cardstock cut 1/8 inch less than the base.  On top of the black piece is a piece of Ranger watercolor paper that has been colored with water color paints in green, yellow and pink.  A branch has been cut out by hand and faux dogwood flowers from Martha Stewart  have been added along with a 3D bird from Paper House.  The sentiment is a sticker from Paper Studio Inspirational Phrases Gold Foil.


This third card is also for Outlawzchallenges.ning.com CAS challenge May 15.  This week's challenge: It is Mother's Day month in South Africa.  Your challenge is to make a card or project for the most important woman in your life. 
Neenah white cardstock was use for the 4.25 x 5.5 base followed by black Recollection cardstock cut 1/8 inch smaller than base.  An image from Hunkydory The Second Little Book of Decoupage was use along with a Paper Studio Mom Phrases Foiled sticker.

Thanks for viewing with me today.  Try the distress ink lifting...I'm sure you will like it.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: