Friday, June 17, 2016

"Fresh Eyes On Your Supplies"

Hello Friends, Followers, Visitors, and Viewers.
We made it to Friday.  Some of my crafty friends are having some difficulties with their health and were not able to post as often this week.  I'm wishing them a speedy recovery so they can get back to something they love to do.
I've seen the Rainbow Challenge going on.  Many bloggers are getting in the game with this one as well as our nation responding to the hateful act in Orlando FL.  People are changing their Facebook pages in support of the families.
Have you thought about politicians changing the gun law reform?  I don't intend for you to answer my blog on this question...I was just wondering.  My husband and I have discussed this on just about every time a large number of people have been killed or hurt by assault rifles.
We may need a fresh thought on "who can" and "how can" guns be handled in this country.

For today's share, I've been following a series that helps you to look differently at your scrapbook or card making supplies.  I've been looking at my embossing folders with a pair of fresh eyes.
  I used a Darice folder with perfect pearls last week to create a 3D effect.  I told you I would be trying it again.  This is a different Darice folder with 3D effect.  You need to emboss the folder at least 3 times...cut out parts of the embossed image...color them in different colors....use foam dots or tape to raise the parts up.  On this card, I cut a piece from my embossed focal image and added a pattern paper piece behind it.  I picked two of the flowers on the folder to make my 3D effect.  I used Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks to paint my flowers and parts of the card.


This card  is  my own design.  I did use an embossing folder from the Paper Studio on a bluish gold piece of cardstock from Hunkydory.  I cut out various parts of the cardstock in no particular pattern on the embossed piece.  When I got to this step...it looked good enough to add a piece of cardstock behind the cut out and then I had to decide what to do with it.  The bubbles reminded me of an ocean or water, so I pulled out the fish stickers....cut out some small branches using a Martha Stewart die and viola`...there you have it.....a card that I have no idea what sentiment to add to it.

Thanks for visiting today.  Have a save an enjoyable weekend.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: