Wednesday, August 31, 2016

"Cut Outs and Cut Ups"

Hello friends, viewers, followers and visitors.

Welcome to hump day!!!  It is that day you look forward to because you know you will not be that far from the weekend.
I've relax, rested  and I'm ready to craft today.   I could have skipped out on you and spent time shopping...window and buying but I wanted to wait for another day.   When my daughter read this, she is going to wonder if something is wrong with me.  I skipped a day of shopping, especially when my DH suggested that this is what he wanted to do today..."go figure".

I used something that I had not used in quite a few months...my Cricut machine.  I  have been admiring some cuts that I've seen coming from Stampin Up... the Stampin Up Swirly Scribbles Dies and the Botanical Builder Framelits Dies.  So I looked at my cartridges that I own as well as images on  the Cricut Design space to see if I already had something similar or was there a die cut I could buy to do a project.

Viola`, I did have something similar but not exactly like the swirly scribble die and the botanical builder framelit die. I have the Cricut Artbooking cartridge.  I used it to cut out the swirly circle for my project.  I combined it with Sizzix thinlit mixed media die for a background on the "orange" card. I used the Flower Market cartridge to cut out the deep orange flourish.  The Cottage Cutz greenery die was also  used for the flourish on the left.

I have a sister who requested that I make her some "Thinking Of You" cards.  These two will be put in the box for her.

By not having the Botanical Builders framelits from Stampin Up, I was still able to imitate one of those dies by using Spellbinders ferns.  I cut out two die cuts from the side of my Neenah white cardstock.  The positive image was then cut in half leaving the leaves on one side.  I adhere the image back to the card with the positive on the outside of the negative cut (on the inside), mimicking the Stampin Up botanical builders die.  I used the smaller fern die to cut out what appears to be leaves for the yellow flowers.   Flowers for both cards came from Recollections Floral Embellishments.


I hope you enjoyed looking at my "cut outs and cut ups" today.  I'm going to keep my Circut open to cut out more shapes that I didn't realize I had.  
Come again soon.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: