Friday, August 12, 2016

"Made By Chance and Not By Plan"

  Welcome Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers to this Friday, August 12, 2016.
It's a hot, humid Friday with caution about the heat.   I know I will not do a lot outside today.  Most of what I'm doing will be inside where it is cool.  Crafting will take a second to my plans for today.
 The cards I'm sharing is some that came about by chance... ( The unknown and unpredictable element in happenings that seems to have no assignable cause).  While going through my stash on yesterday,  I saw so many items that could make great cards. You see,  I have this habit of trashing a lot of my stash if I've kept it to long.  On Fridays, the trashman cometh and it was time to clean my room.  However, there were a few items I saved from the trash and literally start putting them together.
Don't laugh when I tell you how this card was made.
About a month ago, I got this Penny Black serenity die.  You know how we are when we get something new....I immediately used some cardstock to cut the die to see what it looked like.    Into the stash it went because I used paper that had came out of the stash.  
Okay, the program from last Sunday's church service was on the desk.  I decided to glue the die cut to the part with the boat on it...By chance this looked good so I added more paper layers to a white card base and pulled out the wood veneer birds from Studio Calico and there you have it.  
This card really surprised me with how it turned out.  It looked like a "thinking of you" card, so that is exactly what I stamped on it using Hero Arts "friends" stamp.
I like this so much that I'm entering it in 
WordArtWednesday  Anything Goes Challenge Weeks #242-#243

This card started with two vellum floral vines that have been in that stash box "forever".  I could never find anything that I wanted to use them with.  When I started looking at paper on yesterday that I had done something with but didn't like...a piece I had stamped using a Tim Holtz's die matched perfectly with these two vines and basically in the same family.  I found a butterfly to add to the image and since I had the Hero Arts friend stamp nearby, I stamped the same sentiment with the color that was already on the paper.  I added some Nuvo crystal drops  in the woodland green color.

Will this ever happen again?...Maybe, when I start throwing trash out of my stash away.
Both cards will be in a box that I keep cards in  to give away.
I hope you like these two cards...send me your opinion.  I would love to read your comment!
Have a great weekend.  Maybe you will get to do something "by chance".

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: