Tuesday, August 9, 2016

"Outside My Comfort Zone"

Hello Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.  What a lovely day we are having in my neighborhood.  The temperature is just nice.  I can get outside and do something in the yard and breathe easily while doing it.
How many of you can keep up with the slangs most people use today?  Do you get upset just because you don't really understand what is being said or what is being written in a language that you don't know?
While listening to some teenagers talking...one individual told the other one, "you do you".  While looking at a message a teenager had sent to his dad of facebook, at first I thought it was a code but it is the way these young people write.
I'm from the old school.  I have to simply say what I mean when I'm saying it so you will understand and I have to write out all my words the long way.  Texting and tweeting is unfamiliar territory and outside of my comfort zone at the moment.  As I tell my daughters and granddaughter who are up-to-date with  the slang talk and the texting...I'll catch up one day (lol).
In my spare time, I made two cards.  One is a spin off from yesterday because I was working with flowers.  The other is trying to follow a sketch I saw at MojoMonday 460 for this week.



Entry for WordArtWednesday.blogspot.com and
  Outlawzchallenges.ning.com for Monday Greetings Challenge - Tic Tac Toe GCC080816 
Taking into consideration the slang..."You Do You" which according to the urban dictionary means the act of doing the things that you normally do. Nothing more, nothing less. Just being yourself and showing everyone who's boss around here...
I used Neenah white cardstock; black Recollection cardstock; DP is Recollection black swirl roses; Recollection white flowers.  die for ferns and romantic vines came from Spellbinders.  "You Do You" came from me & my Big ideas The Happy Planner stickers.  I added some white lace around the split.

 

MojoMonday 460
entry for mojomonday.blogspot.com for week of August 8. 2016

 Oh Hello:
Supplies:
Neenah white cardstock; bronze cardstock DP from colorbox Signature Greetings paper pad
Image from Hunkydory Garden Secrets card collection; oh Hello (sentiment) from me & my Big ideas The Happy Planner stickers and the flowers are from Recollection

Thanks for visiting today.  Please come again!  Leave a comment because I always enjoy hearing from you.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: