Wednesday, September 14, 2016

"Thinking About You"

Happy Wednesday to my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
We made it to the middle of the week.  We can breathe a little easier after today because the weekend is ahead.
When Wednesday comes, can you get your mind off of the weekend or do you just live in the moment?  As a matter of fact, what are you thinking of that you can't shake this morning, afternoon or evening?  Is it me?  I hope not.   Is it someone who is sick?  Is it your child or spouse?  Your mind can be on a number of things at this moment and it is okay if you don't want to share.
Today's cards focus on the theme "Thinking Of/About You" .  I'm still working on some cards along those lines for my sister.  I made one yesterday and another one this morning.
Here they are.


This card was made using craft cardstock, dark brown and beige Recollection cardstock and DP from Recollections Steampunk Botanica. 
 I used an image from Pinterest.  I copied it twice and colored it with colored pencils. They were fussy cut out with scissors.  When I adhered it to the card, I did it in a 3D effect but it will still go through the mail.  
Die cuts of garden greens from Sizzix were added to add fullness to the vase of flowers.  
Bronze crystal Nuvo drops were added to the bottom of the card.  
It will be a "Thinking Of You" card....I just didn't photograph this with the sentiment.

This was an easy fun card to make.  I selected colors to go with the image after I had colored it with colored pencils.  
Supplies:
Image from Pinterest, colored with colored pencils in pink, brown and white
The image was place on top of a rose piece of paper that resembled a note card (free printable from Pinterest).
The sentiment was printed from my computer using MS Word.
The next layer is a piece of DP from Hunkydory the Little Book of The Orient
The next two layers (the stripes and polka dots) comes from Nicole Floral Pattern DP
The background layer is pink Recollection
All layers were matted with black Recollection.
The card base is Neenah white cut at 5.5 x 6.5
The design was from sketch challenge 610 from SCS.

I'm thinking about you today and hope you are doing well.  
1 Thessalonians 5:18 New International Version (NIV)
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Have a Blessed Day!

Sending You A Hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: