Friday, September 16, 2016

"When Life..."

Good Friday to all of you.  
I hope you will have a glorious weekend with lots of fun and excited things going on.
There are many items on my list and I'm not sure if I will get around to all of them.

Many of you who like quotes or sayings have read or heard the ones that begins with, "when life...":

  • when life knocks you down...roll over and look at the stars or calmly get back up and say you hit like a *****.
  • when life gives you a hundred reason to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile
  • when life puts you in tough situations, don't say "why me"? say "try me".
  • when life is sweet say thank you and celebrate and when life is bitter say thank you and grow
  • when life gives you lemons make lemonade
  • when your life hits a brick wall.....
What happens to you or what do you do when your life hits a brick wall?
  • do you lose faith
  • do you focus on one brick at a time
  • do you yell "plot twist" and move on 
I like the way Oprah Winfrey looks at it:
 A lesson will keep repeating itself until it is learned.  Life first will send the lesson to you in the size of a pebble;  if you ignore the pebble, then life will send you a brick;  if you ignore the brick, then life will send you a brick wall;  if you ignore the brick wall, life will send you a demolition truck.

My solution to when life....no matter how damaging it appears, there is always hope...that is if you open your heart and arms to embrace it.

 
entry for WordArtWednesday.blogspot.con

I've used kraft cardstock; black and beige Recollection cardstock for the base and layers.
On the beige layer, I die cut out the brick wall using Sizzix Tim Holtz Alteration die.  I cut out pieces from the die cut.
I used flowers from K & Company on the portion of the brick wall.  I stamped "wishing you...Hope" from Stampendous Encouraging Words clear stamp.
The butterfly was one from my stash.

Remember:  The brick walls aren't there to keep us out, the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something.
In real life brick walls don't stop flowering vines from growing they use the wall for support and keep on growing and that's the way we have to approach some situations in our lives.

Thank you for viewing and leaving comments.  Come again to enjoy your view!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois





No comments: