Wednesday, October 26, 2016

"Floating Inlaid and Embossed Die Cuts Holiday Cards"

Wednesday, October 26, 2016      
Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
It's chilly where I am.  What about you?  Snuggling under a warm blanket last night felt very good.  A hot cup of coffee to get me moving this morning was even better.  The greatest thing of all was receiving a "warm hello...grandma" from my granddaughter who is on her "Fall Vacation" from school.  Yes, she went back to school in August and her school is closed down this week for fall break.  Her mom and dad took her to Myrtle Beach, SC for vacation.  She was so jolly and excited with all the things she had done since arriving on Monday.  This really made my day.

For my creation(s) today, I made two more cards for the holiday.  It really looks as if I'm skipping Thanksgiving and going directly to Christmas.
My technique for today is inlaid die cutting.  You  cut out a shape from your focal area and then die cut another piece to either emboss it with embossing powder and replace it into the cut out or in my case, cut out the shape with another color of cardstock to replace the die cut.

Here, take a look:
dies used in my project

Supplies for "Season's Greetings"
  • Neenah white cardstock used for card base, one of the tree die cuts and front focal layer
  • Bazzil green cardstock used for one of the tree die cuts
  • Ranger watercolor paper that had been distressed with various distress inks
  • die cut from Darice cut.emboss.stencil die
  • Stamped greeting from ???? ( I lost the packaging but still have the stamps)
  • sequins

Supplies for "JOY"
  • Neenah white cardstock for the card base and top focal layer
  • black Recollection for one of the layers and a piece of red paper from Recollection Christmas Noel paper stack
  • die cuts form Spellbinders poinsettia die
  • sentiment is letters cut out from Art-C stamp and die cut 
  • sequins

I hope you enjoyed day 2 of my Holiday Cards.   For more inspiration, visit http://catherinepooler.com/2015/05/07/floating-inlaid-and-embossed-die-cuts/
 Come back again to see more.
Your comments are always welcome.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: