Friday, October 28, 2016

"Left-Over Friday Challenge"

Friday, October 28, 2016

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Welcome to my end of the week.  It is the weekend for Halloween fun if you care to get spooky, scared or tricked.  When my children were very young, we gave them the pleasure of picking out outfits and going around the neighborhood collecting candy.  When they became older and moved away, the dressing up and passing out candy stopped.  We buy candy  for "just -in -case" moments, but our neighborhood children are in junior high school.  Rarely do we get trick-or-treaters.

Oh well, you are here to see what is going on in my craft room today.  You know me by now.  You know that Friday is the day that I go searching in my stash or on my desk to challenge myself into making something from what I already have.

Let's see what I came up with.

  • I found cut out (bells) from the Winter Wonderland cartridge by Anna Griffin in an envelope on my desk.  Also, from that same envelope I had a die cut from using a Darice die cut embossing stencil called "foliage border"
  • a piece of vellum out of my stash
  • a piece of Ranger watercolor paper that I had colored with pink water color inks in a gradient effect was in my stash
  • snowflake stickers from my sticker stash.
So, since I still had bells from the Cricut cartridge, I needed to find a sentiment or create one to go with the die cuts. 
Looking through my stamps for my holiday cards, I saw that Hero Arts CL-722 had a sentiment that would help these cards come together:



Other supplies that was used included:
  • Neenah white cardstock
  • Recollection black cardstock
  • Range silver embossing powder
  • Hampton Art black pigment ink.
It's Friday.  Many will be singing "hip, hip, hooray" while others will be singing a Halloween tune.  My tune will be "Jingle Bells" as I happily use my time for a little house pampering.
Go forth and be happy.  Thanks for joining me today.  Leave a comment and come again!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: