Good Tuesday morning friends, followers, visitors and viewers. I'm experiencing a glorious day outside. Temperature in the 80's. It is fall but feels like summer. Beautiful, just beautiful. I've been out already and is now getting back to my craft room.
What I'm sharing is something I played with over the weekend... a new die, some new paper and a new technique that I hadn't tried before. Let's just call what you are seeing a card making prototype (a first, typical or preliminary model of something, from which other forms are developed or copied.)
This card is showcasing some Recollections paper that I picked up from Michaels about two weeks ago. I wanted some foil paper to make my Christmas cards and I saw this pad. Of course I would not have purchased it if it was not on sale and if I didn't have a coupon. It is a smooth cardstock that looks as if the glitter has been embedded into it. I have used the "blue-ish green" piece from the pad and mixed it with a "blue-ish green" from The Paper Studio Be Bold be bright paper pad. The embossed (Anna Griffin Regal Braid) background layer is a "blue-ish green" Recollection piece of cardstock.
This is where I've also used a new die that I purchased. It is from Kaisercraft...Hanging Bauble Branch. I cut out the die twice using paper from my stash and layered it over some grey cardstock for a shadow effect. The same was done with the sentiment that was cut using Sizzix Tim Holtz's Holiday Words: Script.
This card is a new technique that I don't recall using. It is just your basic weaving pattern. I cut out strips 1/4 inch by 11 inches long. They were weaved together enough to fit a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inch card front. I then cut out a square from the top and bottom of the 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 piece, only leaving a 1 inch strip across the front. The weave piece was glued to the A2 piece and then layered before being adhered to the base Neenah white card base. I printed, colored and cut-out a vase...added some die cuts from Sizzix Tim Holtz Wildflowers. The word "grateful" was printed, cut out and adhered to the one inch strip. Sequins were added around the vase.
I can see clearly how this new die and paper will look, I'm excited about using more of it. By the way, the paper pad has other colors that I will try to incorporate into my future cardmaking.
Thanks for coming to view. Please come again and don't forget to leave a comment!
Sending you a hug and LOVE,