Monday, November 21, 2016

"R A K"

Monday, November 21, 2016

Hello friends, family, followers, visitors and viewers.
Welcome to my site today.  I hope you had an enjoyable weekend.  I'm still celebrating my birthday and I have plans for it to not be over until November 26, 2016.  I deserve a full week of enjoying myself.
How many of you have received all those ads for "black Friday deals".  My inbox is full of places I can go or just stay at home and shop on line.
I was sent a nice monetary gift from a site that I frequent often.  I took advantage of the gift and the free shipping they offered this morning.  When they announced, "shop, save, and be merry", that is exactly what I did ( I didn't have to spend any money out of my account, I used theirs).
I'm celebrating, but there are people who are not in the celebratory mood.
I talked with an elderly lady before church service on yesterday.  She is doing well (still a little weak) after having open heart surgery but her friend who is also of age is not doing so well.  The other lady is having cancer for the third time in her body...the treatments she is receiving is affecting her walking (she cannot walk as of now)....and the treatments have made her blind.  Her daughter has moved her out of our neighborhood and state to get better treatment.  The lady that I talked with yesterday even said she wouldn't be doing as well as she is doing if her daughter had not taken her out of our neighborhood and found a better treatment facility than the one she was in.
So the  card that I'm sharing is for the lady who has been moved out of our state, neighborhood and church.  I'm going to do a second one later on today for the lady that I had a conversation with yesterday.
Take a look at my random act of kindness card:
For Mrs. Graves
entry in the challenge at WordArtWednesday

Supplies
cardstock: Neenah white 5 x 6.25;  Recollections brown 
Designer paper: Recollections "Mixed Media"paper pad
dies: ODBD "stitched circle die"  and  Spellbinders "Romantic Vines" die
Recollections flowers and a piece of  Offray ribbon to complete this card
stamp: Stampendous "encouraging words"
ink: Hampton Art pigment black

For Mrs. Carr
same supplies used here

Thanks for visiting today.  Come again and if you like something, let me know.  My comment box is always open.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: