Wednesday, December 21, 2016

"Let Us Pray"

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
I'm popping in today with two cards that I made to add to my box for 2017.
I like doing cards that will encourage someone in one way or the other.  I even include "birthday" cards in the box with encouragement cards.  Why?  You've reached an age, whether young or old, in which you are celebrated at the moment but encouraged to enjoy life whichever  way you can.
The encouragement I'm presenting to you today is : PRAY
I cannot tell you what to pray for or how to pray.   I will encourage you to PRAY.  The year is not quite over and many people are losing family members. My very first grade school teacher died Sunday morning.  She was well into her nineties.
 Many people are discouraged or becoming discouraged because they cannot provide material things for their family for the holiday.  Some people are so depressed at this time of the year.
I'm encouraging you to pray for others as well as for yourself.  Pray that we are still here doing good for someone other than ourselves on Dec. 31, 2016.  Pray that God will bring us over to 2017 with a mind that stays on HIM and the desire to be there for HIS children.  Don't wait...PRAY.
  One of the best prayers that we could ever pray is “God, not my will, but your will be done.”


entry for WordArtWednesday   Anything Goes - Challenge Weeks #262-263 
Material Used:
Neenah white cardstock; Kaisercraft kraft cardstock
Spellbinders "Gothic Strip" die;  Sizzix thinlits "garden greens" die; Hero Arts stamp & cuts "prayers" die 
Prima flowers and eksuccess pearl

This card came about from using the Sizzix "garden greens" die for the first card (above).  The cut-out provided an opportunity to do this second card.  The same cardstock was used along with black Recollections cardstock for layering.  From my stash, I found a beige and white striped piece of cardstock to cut three circles for embellishment.  Very clean and simple to make.

Caution:
I took some time out last evening to do these cards.   As stated on Monday....I'll be in and out from now until the new year (if it is God's will).

Thanks for visiting and I love hearing from you.  Comments are always welcomed.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois
                           

No comments: