Tuesday, December 6, 2016

"Scraplifting A Store Bought Card"

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
It's a rainy Tuesday where I am.  Neighbors to the north of me reported sleeting in their area.  We didn't get the snow on Sunday, although, the air really looked as if it would fall.  I have a facebook friend who moved from Virginia to Wisconsin and he reported he needed a snow blower because of the amount of snow he received in his neighborhood.  I know it is coming my way...when...I don't know.

We are always looking for ideas... entering challenges, viewing videos, subscribing to a channel on Youtube, checking out Pinterest, aren't we?  When someone sends you a "store bought card" from Hallmark, American Greetings, Zazzle, Vistaprint, Shutterfly, etc., do you look at it (those who make cards) and say, "I can make that"?

In November, one of my sisters sent me a card and challenged me to duplicate it.  She told me she searched for one that looked similar to cards that I make and she wanted to see if I could do it.  I took on her challenge today.  I also looked at something on Pinterest to go along with this challenge so I could have two scrap lift projects:


 

Here you have the card I made on the left and the card I received on the right.
Measurement: 8 x 5.5
blue cardstock with a cream topper:  I used Recollections light blue and cream cardstock for this project.
stamping:  I used two stamp sets, "fancy flourishes" from Autumn Leaves Stampology and a clear stamp from Fiskars "petals from scratch".
flowers: My granddaughter had given me some stickers last year.  This gift was really the go ahead to make this card since I already had the glitter type flowers in my arsenal of craft supplies.

***So that my sister would know I did come very close to her store bought card...I posted it on this blog today.  I will probably do it again and move the sentiment caption over to the right a little more to resemble the store bought one.  It is not going to any recipient at the moment.  I just wanted to play around with some cardstock today.

 


This card is a scraplift of one I saw on Pinterest.  My card is on the left and the original is on the right.
Measurement: 5.25 x 6.5
I used Recollections taupe, black and cream cardstock.  I printed the sentiment on the cream cardstock using my computer and printer and then used a scallop die to emboss around it .  On the right side, I used a Penny Black "border edgers" die to cut out an opening. Behind the opening, I used a piece of black and beige polka dot scrap paper from my stash.
Martha Stewart's "foliage" punch was used around three beige Recollections flowers.
This one will be saved for a time of need.

When your thoughts go blank and I know they sometimes do...check out a store bought card or one from another place and see if you can duplicate it or come very close to making it look like theirs.

Thanks for viewing.  Comments and your visit are always welcome.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: