Wednesday, December 14, 2016

She Said, "One Or Maybe Two More If You Can"

Wednesday, December 14,2016

Hello friends, viewers, visitors and followers,
How is your day and time going?   When I "think" I'm controlling things my way...it doesn't work.  I stop and just let things fall into place and then I can breathe a breath of relief.

If you have been keeping up with me, then, you know I was working on some Christmas cards for a client.  I sent them to her so she could start sending them out the week after Thanksgiving.  Guess what my friends, who really read this blog...I received a phone call on Monday.
My client has sent out her cards and she is getting request to have some made by some of the individuals she sent them to.  She wanted to know if I was interested.  I told her ...it is a little late for me to be doing bundles of Christmas cards for this year.
Then she asked if I would just do her one more favor...she needed just one more or maybe two more Christmas cards if I could get them to her before Christmas.  She didn't mind giving me a little extra for the two cards she is requesting.  She really understood I was pushed for time in trying to accommodate "her clients" but she didn't think about my time being pushed for her.

My friends....I love making cards.   I never really started out trying to do this as a business.  Many people have requested that I start a card selling business and I have refused.  My family is trying to push me into opening up an Etsy shop...again, I have refused.   The reason is....I enjoy what I'm doing and if I start trying to sell my cards then the enjoyment will stop.  It will feel as if I'm obligated to selling than to really keep having fun doing something that I do for relaxation.
Card making is my "physical therapy".  After leaving the classroom, I still must find something to do to keep this brain active and involved (lol).

Here, and I promise you and myself, the last Christmas cards for 2016:

This is the first card photographed 2 times so you could see how the light bounced off of the gold. (When I said I had packed up my Christmas "stuff" and placed it towards the back of everything else...well I didn't dig far.  I used the first thing that was on top...paper and die).  I did open my file cabinet and got a piece of white tulle to use.  The paper had gold Christmas writing so I didn't add any extra for a sentiment on top of it.
Supplies:
white Neenah cardstock
DCWV gold foil cardstock
The printed sheet is from Kaisercraft "Glisten Collection"
The dies that were used are Sizzix "tattered poinsettia" and Sizzix "holiday greens"
One faux pearl from Recollections was used in the center of the flower
white tulle



This is the second card, also photographed 2 times.  To make this quick and fast, I looked in my "cut out stash pieces" to put together this card.  I forgot to mention above that the client wanted something that didn't really look "Christmas-y" for her second card.  I think she wanted something to send for another occasion.  It looks appropriate to me...what do you think?
Supplies: brown Kaisercraft cardstock with a darker brown Recollection cardstock for a layer.  The focal layer is from Botanique paper.  I die cut the open brick wall using a Sizzix Mixed Media #3 die.  The tall flower was cut using a die from Sizzix wildflowers.  The small flowers are from Prima.  Pieces of Spellbinders Romantic vines die cuts were used to fill in blank spaces.  Two clear faux pearls were used for embellishments....Recollections.  The book is a Spellbinders die cut and the "believe" is a die cut from Tim Holtz (Sizzix) "holiday words". The die cut under the book was cut from Spellbinders "Labels 47".



 

Your visit  and your comments are always welcomed.
Please come again!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: