Tuesday, January 24, 2017

"Distressing With Crayons"

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Good day to my friends, followers, visitors and viewers....
I'm still watching the promos from CHA or Creativation.  I found the video on YouTube showing the animated stamps by Uchi's Design....how cool!!!  I could only think of my granddaughter when I watched the video.  The 3D movement will just WOW her as it did with me and the people who were near the booth during the demonstration.

My card that I'm showing today is not animated.  However, it is showing how I distressed using the crayons made by Ranger via Tim Holtz.  This was my first time doing a project with them to share.

  •  I cut a piece of  Ranger watercolor paper  to my desired length.
  • Using the Distress Crayons from package #1, I used all six colors  ( large circles of color) and then spritz water on top of the colors.  I didn't do a lot of blending the colors together (my decision).  I wanted to see what the water would do (not much of anything).
  • Next, keeping with the TH's line, I used the Stampers Anonymous "ultimate grunge" stamp set (mainly the "dots") with black ink to stamp something extra to the project.
  • I had a frame that was already cut out.  I didn't want to use the whole frame so I cut out half of it and placed it on an angle around the image.
  • I wanted to add more embellishments so I used a "mason jar" from jolee's boutique and put some small prima flowers behind it so it would appear as if the jar was filled with flowers.  I did cut a small hole in the back of the jar for the small sequins that you see inside.
  • A branch that was cut using the Cricut Expression and the CTMH flower market cartridge was placed behind the flowers.
  • The sentiment "happy" was cut using Hero Arts stamp & cuts die set and black foam.
  • The focal layer was added to a black background and then adhered to the light grey Recollections cardbase.
 
entry for WordArtWednesday


Here are the items I used:


Thanks so much for your time and your view.  Thanks also for your comments.  

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: