Friday, January 6, 2017

"Happy Birthday"

Friday, January 6, 2017

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.   The weekend is upon us once again and I basically know what I will be doing,  do you?
I know that trying to maneuver in snow on the highway is dangerous.  I know that a tremendous amount of snow will keep some of us house bound for a couple of days and you will be experiencing cabin fever.  I know that some women live by themselves and will have to depend on someone else to come by to shovel snow out of the driveway just in case you need to get out.
I know this....but...I just want to see the first snow fall and then,....I will be satisfied for the winter season!  It is a childhood thing.   It is a schoolgirl and teacher thing...when it snows, you know you will not have to go to school.  Sit by the window or glass den door and watch the beauty of God's creation...just once during the winter.  Don't get upset with me, this is just the way it is.

On to something else...
I may or may not have electricity on Tuesday, so I prepared a birthday card for my oldest daughter who will be celebrating her ?? birthday on that day.  It is going postal as well as on this blog today.
I'm wishing her a fabulous birthday because that's the way her mom sees her...fabulous.  Who wouldn't be proud of a fun-loving, intelligent, kind and generous person.  She is all of that and more. We respect the mother-daughter relationship but also the friendship we share with each other.  Some people don't want to say they have a friendship with their children, but I do.
Take a look at what she will see on this blog today and when she gets it in the mail:

Supplies:
Neenah white cardstock; patterned vellum; patterned cardstock cut in a circle;
I used an Altenew "Persian Motifs" stamp with umbrella crafts princess pink dye ink and a green copic marker.
sequins in various sizes and colors were placed around the sentiment which was stamped using Penny Black's "T for Transparent" clear set and Hampton Arts black dye ink.

Thanks for visiting today.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: