Monday, January 23, 2017

"HELLO"

January 23, 2017

Welcome, friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Well, I enjoyed my weekend and hope you did also.  Yesterday was a little damp, cool and misty.  Today is heavy, heavy rain and wind.  My computer went out early this morning so I'm trying to type fast to get my posting done before it goes out again.😞

I have to tell you that I'm so excited to be watching the "new" items coming out this year via  the Creativation (CHA) on Youtube.   My excitement is with Tim Holtz's new oxide distress ink pads and a lot of other things for 2017.   I'm excited about Jane Davenport's items.  It is so much to absorb and I can't stay on YouTube all day (lol),  I have other things to do.  Tomorrow, I'll watch some of the other people who are sharing their new items.  Did you see the stamps that will  have motion on your card  after stamping them...if not, I haven't either?  I'm going to be checking those out later.😄

My love for mixed media produced this simple, easy card for today's viewing.   By using some mixed media material that other people had created, it was only a matter of doing a little cutting with my scissors here and there.  This is what I'm going to call a clean and simple mixed media card because I didn't do any stamping or inking to accomplish this look.

entry for WordArtWednesday
Supplies used:
beige Recollections cardstock for the base
printed cardstock from DCWV "Brooklyn Stack" for layer near base and for focal layer
I cut out the flowers from another sheet using the same cardstock from DCWV...foam squares were added to the back of the flowers to give them a lift.  Three clear faux gems were added and the card was finished.  All the stamping was done by the makers of the "Brooklyn Stack".  Easy as one, two, three.  
Now, because of the gloomy weather today, I will be getting a little inky.  Come back tomorrow to see some hard work (lol).


I really appreciate your visit today.  Don't forget, you are always welcome and so are your comments.  Go forth and have a great day...

Sending you a hug and LOVE, 
Lois

No comments: