Monday, January 16, 2017

"This May Have To Be A Do-Over"

Monday, January 16, 2017

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Some of you are having a holiday from work and from school.  Your weekend has been extended to include one more day.  What are your plans for enjoying your day off.  I know of a group that has gone shopping or as they say "walking the mall to get their exercise in".

I'm getting ready for the 14th of February. Is it too soon?  I don't think so.   My podiatrist and I just had a conversation about how the month is almost over and in a blink of the eye...February will be here.   I think before the Christmas items could be dismantle in the stores...Valentine's Day items were beginning to be displayed.  I have some cards to make so today features the first one for 2017.

How the card was made:
I started by using distress inks (spun sugar and stormy sky) on a piece of Ranger watercolor paper.  I stamped the male figure from the dylusions "mini couture" stamp set three times on three different pieces of cardstock (white, brown, blue) as well as on the watercolor paper  The cardstock  were later cut apart for the pieces I needed to do the paper piecing (coat, shirt, pants, hat).
Once my image was pieced together on top of the distressed watercolor paper, I then mounted it on top of a piece of black Recollections cardstock.  A polka dotted piece of brown and beige was added to the left side.  The whole piece was then layered on top of a Recollections Mixed Media piece of cardstock and then to the Neenah white card base.
I cut out various sizes of hearts using a Spellbinders heart die and used black Recollections cardstock for the background.  They were strategically placed around the sentiment (Recollections Mixed Media cardstock layered on top of a piece of black Recollections cardstock....stamped with the word "Love" from a Tim Holtz stampers anonymous stamp set  using embossing ink and white embossing powder).
 

There is a mistake that I caught just as I was taking the photo for this blog.  I tried to correct it but it doesn't look professional.   Sometimes I don't post my mistakes but today I am because I want you to know...I'm human....and humans make mistakes.   I going to do this one over properly and give this one to my granddaughter...she may not be able to pick out the mistake.
Thanking you for your visit and for your comments.  Have a great day.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: